View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 07:51 PM

bkvollmer is on a distinguished road

bkvollmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo4Run View Post
Sgt Boz & Grosse14 what were you able to find out about your problems. I'm having the same issue now with an 04 SR5 V6 w/ 125K miles. Engine shakes for a while when i start it up, and sometimes I notice after driving a while rpms go down to 500 on idle. CEL reader reported cylinder 6 misfire and I replaced all six plugs, it was good for a while but now it's happening again. I'm thinking it could be a bad distributor cap. Your input would help a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownie View Post
2004 SR5 here same issue.
Cleared all the codes.
The trac lights came back on immediately but the check engine light stayed off for a couple days before coming back on.

I'm hoping the block isnt cracked but thats for another post.
My ‘04’ t4r Ltd v8 having this problem. Will try the gas cap deal, but my mechanic told me I have a cracked manifold where it attaches to the Head causing quite a “ticking” sound. Typical problem with the v8, maybe v6 also. That can create an exhaust leak and trip a Cel if it progresses and get bad enough. I might be there now. 😡
bkvollmer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote