Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 03:37 PM

jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold

jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold jhguth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyKevin View Post
Are you unscrewing nut and pulling it out from the bottom of the rail? When I was using carriage bolts (5in), they were too long so I can't get them out from underneath the crossbars. Probably could with a shorter one. With the rod, I don't need a tool and just unscrew the butterfly nut
3/8 fits right through the slot, you can go as long as you want, just lift the bolt up through the slot and the square parts holds it in place. I could use a wing nut but use regular nuts just to make it slightly less convenient if someone wanted to steal the xbulls.

I used threaded rod on the OG crossbars with the holes because of what you said with being too long, but now that there are slots I just use carriage bolts. 1/2" would be too big and have the same problem, but 3/8 fits right through and the square part fits perfectly in the slot (smaller than 3/8 and the square part can turn in the slot)
jhguth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote