Thread: Brillos Builds
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 09:00 AM
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarki View Post
Looking good Brillo.
I’ve never welded before, can you share specifics and a picture of the setup you’re using as I would love to give it a shot at some point.
Sorry Sarki, somehow I missed this. First Welding you have to be really careful. I mostly pull my Gas Tanks out. You Can't have any gas smell or gas fumes at all If you do, you can seriously blow yourself up. I believe we have a few threads on this forum explaining how safety always has to come first on welding.

My Welding setup sucks to be honest. I have totally outgrown it. My welder is only 110 volt craftsmen that is on its last leg. One of these days the smoke is going to roll out of her..lol I would be good for body panels and lighter steel but its duty cycle is way too low.

I weld using gas and .035 mig wire. As you can see on one of my photos. I actually weld my grounding bar right to the area I am working. I use a piece of steel attached to the grounding clamp. When done in that area break the weld strap off and grind smooth.

I wear full leather gloves and full leather welding jacket. So I don't get burnt. I also use a Lincoln Viking 3350 welding helmet.

My replacement welder will be a Lincoln MP210. Being its both a 110 /220 welder. That can mig, tig and even stick weld it will be able to do everything I want it to do.

For Example: For me to weld 1/8 plate, I have to really slow my wire speed down. To get enough heat to have a decent weld. Mostly you want your welding area to be glowing red hot while welding so the metal bonds and melts together.

Welding takes practice to good at. When I first starting welding, I was extremely bad. I think Mig is easier then Stick myself. The only way to get good at welding is like anything else. You do it and practice makes perfect.

Another welding tip that I have is the area has to be clean and shiny. You get a better weld if the area is clean and non rusty. Welding on rusted steel is not easy at all. Its difficult and the splatter popping at the weld surface is a lot higher due to the rust oxide. It can be done but the cleaner you get your welding area the better.. :-)

I hope this helps. :-)
Sparks Plugs Wire and Coil Information: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-g...on-5vz-fe.html
brillo_76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote