Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 09:13 PM

HauKrazee is on a distinguished road

HauKrazee is on a distinguished road
Just so anyone else see's this or searches for Goal Zero stuff, here is the problem that I can't solve. I ended up buying the Goal Zero 12v Charger, and it didn't work. I actually said it was broken, and they sent me another one, and that one still also doesn't work. Here is the link.
Yeti 12V Car Charging Cable Yeti 12V Car Charging Cable / Goal Zero

Using the 12v charger, it was only providing 6w or has a message of Low Charge. So the 12v charger could not even charge it. So not sure if I have defective car accessory ports, but they power everything else properly. Also, the previous poster might be using the Lithium version.

I am using the Lead Acid version because I was able to double the power by chaining them to another battery.

So I am back to square one. I am able to charge with solar at nearly 70W clear day. And the draw from the outlet works when I am in park at 70W also.

The problem seems that I can't charge it while driving. The system shuts off almost immediately when I change gears. It also doesn't stay on for more then 30 seconds when I turn on the outlet as I am driving.

So hopefully this is useful to anyone else out there looking to use a Goal Zero Lead Acid battery version.
HauKrazee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote