Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:25 PM

squabeggz is on a distinguished road

squabeggz is on a distinguished road
I'll admit that I'm not too familiar with the later model CA smog 3rd gens, but how often are the CATs really "blown"? I've had my fair share of finicky German cars and they LOVE blaming the cat for everything. My understanding is that one shouldn't typically destroy a catalytic converter unless you have or had other major fueling/firing issues. I know it's a little more simplified on an older 96 like mine, but in 20 years, the only time my check engine light has come on was due to an o2 sensor. If I were you, I would start there before digging in and replacing a cat. I only had to replace mine because some dirtbag meth-head cut mine out...