Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 10:18 AM

NOT SURE is on a distinguished road

NOT SURE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG0671 View Post
I have a 2010, 070 Blizzard Pearl 4Runner that had paint peeling on both fenders and the hood. I first noticed a small bubble on the right fender last fall and it continued to get bigger. By the spring of this year I noticed the same thing on the hood and also paint peeling on the left fender by the headlamp. I didn't see any problem on any other panels so I had both fenders and the hood repainted in May of this year. Today, I received a letter from Toyota Customer Support recognizing there is a paint adhesion problem with Super White (040) and the 4-Coat Blizzard Pearl (070) and my vehicle is included in this customer support program. So, now I am worried the peeling is worse than I thought and may soon affect the entire vehicle. The letter states Toyota is working out the details for the repairs under this program and will send another letter once repairs are available. The letter also states reimbursement may also be available if you have previously paid for repairs involving this condition prior to September 26, 2019. I guess we will see what will happen with this program and if the paint peeling starts on my vehicle with the remaining body panels.
I have a few small spots like that on my 2015 that I assumed were rock chips. Nothing on the fenders, just the hood mostly and one really high on the a-pillar
NOT SURE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote