Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 09:21 PM

cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold

cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusion View Post
Just curious on why you say not to work through your insurance?

I've always worked through my insurance. Unfortunately its happened couple times to myself and my wife.

I have State Farm and its been nothing but cake working through them. I gave um the other guys information and that was it. Took it to the body shop and that was the end of it.

No raise in rates nothing. I understand may not be the cheapest but from every incident I've had its well worth the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phade View Post
Just like a FICO score, you have a similar scoring/rating for insurance purposes (in layman's terms). Making multiple claims within your insurance carrier to go after another party can result in your score/rating be more at risk because you can be considered a poor defensive driver (meaning avoiding accidents, questionable scenarios, and reducing risk). Whether it raises your specific rates depends on multiple factors, but if your rates haven't gone up with multiple claims against other policyholders, then you're likely paying a premium above and beyond what is necessary to make the policy in force at the same protection levels with another carrier.

I worked in that specific part of the industry for 10 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclark202 View Post
Not sure why your own personal insurance would even be involved unless the other person’s coverage is dicking you around.

I know every state is different, but around here there is no reason to file a claim or even notify your own insurance for a rear ender that is obvious who is at fault(unless there are injuries)

Even if you call your insurance to talk to them about it that alone could be similar to a claim and will come back to bite you down the road.

Get estimates for damages and have them cut you a check. Go buy what you want or pay a shop to fix it.
A couple of points:

Regardless of who you go through, your insurance company will find out anyway.

If you use your insurance company then you'll have to pay your deductible and rental fees. You'll get those back once your insurance company has recovered costs from the other company.

Your insurance company will be a bit more of an advocate for you, while the other company will try to do everything to keep costs low. Your company still isn't your friend though.