Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 02:48 PM

Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light

Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light Brick Sprickly is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
So I've been thinking about picking up a new desktop. Mostly for gaming, but also for general use. I've been using laptops for a long time now and sometimes I miss sitting at a proper desk with a full keyboard/mouse to do computing.

Anyway I've been out of the computer spec world for a long time now so could use a little advice. After spending a while searching various retailers I came across this Alienware pre-built system:
Best Buy - Page not found.

- i7 8700
- 16GB 2666MHz RAM
- 1TB HDD with Intel optane booster
- GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

On sale right now with $500 off for $1499 CAD (About $1150 USD). Sale ends today however. Thoughts?

Late to the reply here, but from my experience it's always cheaper to buy parts individually and assemble the desktop yourself. You'll save hundreds of dollars as well as learn a thing or two about computers while you're at it.

Check out Pick parts. Build your PC. Compare and share. - PCPartPicker and choose the System Builder tab.

You can use an interactive assembling process that breaks down exactly the components that are/aren't compatible with one another, and it'll also make it clear you're not forgetting anything. I still use it from time to time if I forget what's compatible with my 6 year old motherboard.