Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 11:52 AM

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorP View Post
You don’t drive around Miami much do you? People come out of the mall to find their Tundra sitting in the parking lot with both catalytic converters cut out with a cordless sawzall. If it’s not secure, it gets stripped. If it’s secured and valuable enough it gets cut off with a cordless saw.

A couple years ago, thieves were breaking into South FL boat storage yards and chopping outboard motors off boat transoms with chainsaws. They would just drop them into a pickup bed and drive away.

I have theft coverage, but there’s no way I’m submitting an insurance claim for under $1000 unless I want to get a huge rate increase or potentially cancelled.

If I can convince a thief to move to an easier target I’ll at least try to slow them down a bit. Plus I like the look of the powder coated machine screws.
I don't disagree with your thought process at all... but there comes a point where all this worry gets in the way of trying to enjoy your stuff. Really how do you secure a catalytic converter. And yes I've even heard stories of them getting cut out on your own driveway.

Lets just leave it at there is a balance to be had when it comes to security. Being a harder target is a valid method, but even I have fallen into the trap of trying to secure my stuff to the point it becomes an inconvenience.

I even had a cardboard box over my ARB fridge to hide my fridge. Call it something I did during the honeymoon period. At this point I just stopped caring. Looking back at it, it seems a bit ridiculous.

That said, I don't take my 4Runner to the mall.
Bumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote