Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 04:18 PM

AE1M is on a distinguished road

AE1M is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4R03 View Post
Hello everyone just on here because I was interested in what everyone was up to w their high mileage 4th gens lol. I'm approaching 190k miles on mine and it's about time I change the oil soon and was wondering what you guys were using. Since 168k I've been going to Jiffy Lube, they use pennzoil, and now at 180k and up I've been working at a shop and doing my own oil changes. I've always used reg conventional but recently been mixing some full synthetic in w mine. They use Valvoline at the shop I work at. What do you guys use and how many miles are on your 4Runner? I have the V6 03 Sprt edition btw.
Have 140K miles, since new I have used only conventional 10W30 oil and the OEM Toyota filter. Usually Pennzoil, the nice yellow 5QT jug is easiest to pour IMO. Change every 5K miles, so easy with filter on top and 18" tire clearance to drain. Filters from Amazon about $7 shipped with Prime no tax.

In the 11 years, 140K miles on my '08 6 cyl I have never even added a drop between changes.

Why make it any more complicated?

2008 4R Limited Salsa Red Pearl 3Q3
AVS Bugflector,Coastal Lockpick 2,Super Z V1 Radar Detector Mount
Please, no more Hope & Change!
AE1M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote