Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 05:54 PM

pinemind will become famous soon enough

pinemind will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith7 View Post
Awesome build! The attention to detail is amazing, makes me wish I could redo some of the things on my build. I learned the hard way that skipping corners and not going the extra mile with painting components and hardware will bite you in the butt later on, especially living in the rust belt.

I think i may have the same random slight miss fire as you. Does it happen if you hold the throttle at an elevated rpm (1,500-2,000) too. Runs smooth with a small random "miss" or hesitation every couple seconds? I also have an issue where my idle doesn't always settle at the same rpm. I'd say 85% of the time it settles where i want it to, other times it settles a 100-200 rpm high, other times 100-200 rpm low, to the point of nearly dying. did you have this problem as well?
The miss/erratic idle is only when warm (750 RPMs). The igniter fixed the misses, but I still have a slight idle fluctuation, maybe plus or minus 50 - 100 RPMS) that occurs. I think once I get my TPS perfected, and clean out the IACV, it may clear that up.
pinemind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote