Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 10:54 AM

slprciv has a spectacular aura about slprciv has a spectacular aura about slprciv has a spectacular aura about

slprciv has a spectacular aura about slprciv has a spectacular aura about slprciv has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn_85 View Post
Well TBH every bumper on the market is more or less the same, except the 4x4 Labs one. Whether it's no cut or partial cut they all bolt up to the rear cross-member. Often adding only an inch or two in additional ground clearance. You then have your choice of single swing, dual swing, and bolt on accessories. The Victory 4x4 one looks very similar in design to the Brute Force Fab bumper IMO. Not a bad thing as I like the Brute Force one quite a bit.

What makes the the 4x4 Labs bumper unique is that it requires you to cut the rear cross-member and it attaches directly to the frame rails. Not a common practice in the 5th gen world but this has been done since forever on the Land Cruiser platform. The arm spindles also attach to each other instead of the bumper. Obviously cutting the rear cross-member is not for everyone but the 4x4 Labs bumper offers the highest clearance of any bumper and the particular design has been time tested on the Land Cruiser platform. It is basically the de-facto 80-series rear bumper. I visited their shop in Grass Valley and also saw a fully built 80-series with their rear bumper in Idaho. Took one look and was like yep, I'm going with 4x4 Labs.

As far as no-cut 5th gen bumpers, I think C4, SSO, and 4x4 Labs are the only ones that go up the full way. The SSO rear bumper v2 also has a unique tailgate as well. I think the C4 is the most feature rich and one of the best looking bumpers on the market but I'm not a fan of the peg board style swing out panel and it's also a bumper of a thousand brackets. I looked some of the install videos and spoke with the guys at Tru-Automotive in Denver and they said it's legitimately a 10 hour install with all the pieces and brackets it comes in and they've done many of them.

Here's a good article on rear bumper options (not all inclusive). Seems there are options for everyone, just have to decide what you value most.

15 Rear Bumpers for the 5th Gen 4Runner - Best rear Bumper? Start Here!
See this is a perfect example of a response to my post. No need to jump down someone else throat i.g; @CF Machete Because you don't agree with their opinions and resort to name calling people. This is why this forum is going to shit because users like @CF Machete come in all high and mighty on their horse "thinking" a low post count and newbie is fair game. For the record I've been wrenching for over 30 yrs.