Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 04:34 PM

mindanalyzer is on a distinguished road

mindanalyzer is on a distinguished road
hi, I posted this in the wrong thread so I am re-posting it here

I own a 2014 BMW x3 with only 30k miles, that I might replace next year or by Aug 2021 the latest (extended warranty runs out). I am considering getting me a vehicle that is good on and off road (4x4), bulletproof in terms of mechanics and technology (even if not the latest) and something that I can run for at least 10y.

note: One of the ideas is to retire in 5y, make a trip across the US [pulling a small camper] for 1y and then head to South america and spend a few years getting to know the full continent

So, if I choose the 4runner route, I could buy the 2020 MY (the red venture looks sexy btw) or wait until 2021

So, a few questions:

- Is there any chance that we will see a new engine or trans in the 2021 model? I would be happy with a design similar to the 2020 model, plus improvements in the front end (taking some cues from new RAV4), especially the headlights -> the headlights of the current model are fugly, I would love also a more powerful V-6 [than taco] and a 8sp trans. What I do not want to buy is a vehicle with a hybrid engine or a turbo 4 banger; I would only buy a turbo if it were diesel, which is not likely to happen; These turbo-4 tend to be thirsty (the EPA for my vehicle is 20 city and I am lucky to average 16 mpg) and offer lower reliability long term, so I do not want to follow this route again

- How does the venture trim compares to the TRD pro? Would I lose too much payload and towing capacity with the TRD PRO? Any idea if RED is available for the TRD pro trim?

- If the new redesign is done for 2022 MY, when do they become available for purchase? what month of 2021?

- Is it possible to order a 4Runner or the only choice is to buy what is available in the lot?

thanks

Last edited by mindanalyzer; 09-30-2019 at 04:41 PM.
mindanalyzer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote