Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 03:16 AM

mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold

mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold mynameistory is a splendid one to behold
Here's what I picked, with justification for each one:

Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 low beams
Xenon Depot Pro high beams with DRL mode drivers (the only LED bulb/driver I know of that offers full DRL functionality)
Philips 12793UNIX2 yellow fogs

I wanted bulbs that dropped in with zero modification to housings or dust caps. The Morimotos have a fan and that's fine with me, as they're protected behind the dust cap. The XD highs have passive fin radiators, and the DRL drivers are stuck under the plastic engine bay sills with 3M double-sides tape. The Philips fogs are the most exposed to the dirt and elements, so I think it's good that they have more robust machined heatsinks. Can't drive them as hard but I'm less worried about gunk hurting them. I would NOT run a bulb with a fan or delicate fins in this location if you do any offroading.

I'm happy with the light quality from all three sets. The lows are a marked improvement over halogen bulbs and maintain factory beam pattern, hotspot, and cutoff. The highs are very bright and the DRL functions perfectly at about 15% of full brightness. There is a tiny amount of observable flicker remaining- I'd compare it to the hum of a fluorescent light- very hard to distinguish unless you're looking for it. The fogs offer great contrast, are much brighter and wider, and blend the area immediately in front of the truck into the bottom of the headlight beams.

I am curious about the Supernova V.4 bulbs, they seem confident that their bulbs are the brightest LED available while maintaining good optics and cutoff. Headlight Revolution has also reviewed the Morimoto 2-stroke favorably, though I haven't seen a direct comparison between the two.

- 2016 4Runner - WeatherTech Floor Liners - Key Fob Window Roll-down Mod - 35 PSI Tire Pressure - Gum Holder Delete - iOttie Phone Holder - RainX Windshield Mod - Stock Windshield Wipers (for now) - Radio Stations are 105.9, 106.7, 95.5, and 93.1 - Chrome Exhaust Tip - Really want a Gobi Ladder but I guess I'll just stand on the Tire because it's free and does the same thing - Some Old Coleman Ice Chest - A Gas Can I Found -
mynameistory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote