Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 11:03 AM

doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about

doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about
at 180k, it's just "due" for its second timing belt change... hopefully.

If it were me, and a 180k mile '06 v8 4x4 was at a dealership, I'd be asking for the timing belt and water pump to be replaced pre-delivery included in the asking price. I wouldn't drive off the lot under my ownership without those being done. I drove for 3 years half-doubting that the previous owner actually did the timing belt change and it's no way of living, lol.

Exhaust manifolds are a PITA and expensive. I'm finally pulling the trigger on that, and I'm just hoping it doesn't spiral into a $3000 and 3 week install adventure. Already at $1000 just getting headers and studs. Then I'm sure I'll be chasing CELs and headaches for a while.

Brake calipers wasn't bad at all for me though. I bought NAPA ones that are lifetime warranty and already painted black so they won't rust as easily. If they seize, I literally just exchange them as long as I own my vehicle. I double checked with the store owner and even explained that these tend to seize regularly. "No problem. Bring them back and get new ones. If those seize, bring those back too." Got speed bleeders and bled the brakes in my garage by myself.
doofenshmirtz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote