Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 04:43 PM

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
TacoTunes makes adapter plates for the rear doors. They make adapters for all the doors, and wiring adapters as well.

From what other have installed I don not think you need shallow mount speakers. If anything you might need to trim a little plastic on the inside of the door panel, but that shouldnt be a big deal.

You had another thread about upgrading your front speakers and head unit right?

I would consider what you want to do with your system. If you dont have rear passengers or need music coming from the cargo area I would consider leaving the rear speakers alone and invest in better front speakers/amp, then fade the sound to the front. 99% of music is recorded in 2 channel stereo, so there is no need to have lesser speakers putting out the same signal from behind you, it can mess with the sound and staging. I only have front components and I assure you that my rear passengers can hear them just fine. It also simplifies your amp setup and wiring.
Yep, I had another thread strictly about the 2-ohm speaker impedance across the front speaker set, but I've just solved that problem by buying a 4 channel amp rated for 2-ohms... not to mention it will be superior to headunit power anyway.

I've already bought the front set of speakers which are Infinity Reference 3.5" in the dash and Infinity Reference 6x9 in the front doors.

Although I plan on leaving the back hatch speakers stock, I decided that it might be good to replace the rear door speakers since they are still in the passenger area and also right behind my seat. That's where my dilemma is. Will either on of those Infinity 6.5" speakers work despite what Crutchfield says? I already plan on fabricating an adapter out of HDPE or something (have plenty of MDF, but I don't want to use that on a door due to moisture.
KP Texan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote