Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 06:54 PM

keyser_soze is on a distinguished road

keyser_soze is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP Texan View Post
Yep, I had another thread strictly about the 2-ohm speaker impedance across the front speaker set
Since you bought an amp it depends how you run your wiring. If you make a patch harness and reuse the factory wiring then yes, but if you run new wire you can wire the speakers yourself in whatever configuration you like.

Quote:
I've already bought the front set of speakers which are Infinity Reference 3.5" in the dash and Infinity Reference 6x9 in the front doors.
The stock speakers are garbage, any decent aftermarket speaker will be a nice upgrade. Infinity makes quality stuff, and their coaxial speakers sound great. But have you considered a component setup? They are typically better sounding than coaxial and they have better crossovers. With a coaxial in the door and the dash you will have 4 tweeters in the front. 2 of those will be by your leg which is not ideal IMO (reflecting off the windshield isnt ideal either but better than down low)

Quote:
Although I plan on leaving the back hatch speakers stock, I decided that it might be good to replace the rear door speakers since they are still in the passenger area and also right behind my seat. That's where my dilemma is. Will either on of those Infinity 6.5" speakers work despite what Crutchfield says? I already plan on fabricating an adapter out of HDPE or something (have plenty of MDF, but I don't want to use that on a door due to moisture.
If you are capable of fabricating your own adapters then making the speakers fit wont be an issue.

As for the hatch and rear door speakers you should not hear them over your front speakers. In a proper system they would be used as rear fill and the volume would be faded forward. A passengers might hear them over your front speakers, but not you. Even for a passenger the front speakers are only about 5ft from their ears, they will just sound a few decibels quieter than they do to you.

Either way you go you will have a large improvement over stock.
2015 SR5 Premium Bilstein 5100 | Dobinsons Springs | SCS SR8 | 285 Toyo Open Country AT3 | Trail Rack | TRD Intake | Borla Side Exit Exhaust | TRS LEDs | JBA UCAs | CTH T9 | Pioneer 9605 AMP | Scanspeak tweeters, Kicker 6x9s, Dayton HO 10"
keyser_soze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote