Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:52 AM

Hammeredsole will become famous soon enough

Hammeredsole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundy View Post
Why? This 4Runner is built for less than a stock LC would be and has the owner's unique touches - which would've been done on a LC too I'm sure.

Sure if you get a FJ80/100 maybe, but the 200's have become pretty large for practical offroading IMO.

MillerPKA - the truck looks great, loving the bronze wheels! They're high on my want list!!!
I'm not trying to be pedantic, but the LC200 has 2.4" longer wheelbase, 1.6" wider track, and weighs about 1,000lbs more than a stock 4R. TBH, it drives about the same as the 4Runner as far as maneuvering goes. The 4Runner is already a bit underpowered, although I still love mine. Adding on winches, big tires, steel bumpers, racks, on and on, really adds up. That thing is probably a pig... and at that point the LC starts to make sense.

I would never advocate buying a new LC, but a 3-4 year old one with 40-55k miles ends up being the same cost as a new 4runner. The LC are absolute tanks, and the character is hard to summarize when comparing them on paper. The LC is quiet like a library on the road, and is like a mountain goat off-road. I sold my 2014 200 to buy my 4Runner. The 200 is far and away a better truck, and has power for days. Reason I sold it is because I literally never drove it, as I have a work car. I wanted something light-weight and more simple to kick around in on the weekends. If money was no object, as it clearly seems to be for the OP doing the build, the LC200 absolutely destroys the 4runner. My prerogative is to have a basically stock truck that gets me off-the-road if I need to. I have no illusions of summiting El Capitan in my 4Runner.

It's just my OPINION, but the 4runner is too lightweight baby to load 1,000's of pounds of crap onto. The land cruiser is so damn capable that it needs maybe half of the mods the 4runners do. The headlights alone are like man suns if you load some 9011 bulbs in the high beams, which run tandem with the HID's.

Last edited by Hammeredsole; 10-05-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Hammeredsole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote