View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:36 PM

MossJenks has a spectacular aura about MossJenks has a spectacular aura about MossJenks has a spectacular aura about

MossJenks has a spectacular aura about MossJenks has a spectacular aura about MossJenks has a spectacular aura about
From the Oddysey warranty:

"For applications where an alternator is present, the alternator must deliver between 14.0V and 14.7V when measured at the Battery’s
terminals. Consult the ODYSSEY battery technical manual or owner’s manual for any necessary temperature compensation.
Alternators that do not have a regulated charge between 14.0V and 14.7V (no lower than 14.0V and no higher than 14.7V) will cause
early failure of the Battery. Use of such alternators with the Battery will also void the Battery’s warranty."

Toyota specs for the stock alternator is 13.2V to 14.8V. They typically run right around 13.8V which is the industry standard.

Maybe they don't really care but if what you're buying is a warranty then you might think twice. Personally when I buy a battery I'm looking to buy a battery, not a warranty so I just buy a good quality conventional battery and don't worry about it. Only battery I've ever had fail prematurely in over 30 years of driving was an Optima AGM.

Last edited by MossJenks; 10-05-2019 at 05:42 PM.
MossJenks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote