Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: UCA Help
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 03:01 AM

mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute

mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerAquasport View Post
The JBAs have some fans out there. I have no personal experience with them but the Ball Joint maintenance longevity and the adjustable design makes it a good choice. I have Total Chaos on 2 vehicles and love them. But I am getting ready to rebuild them after 50k miles on my 5th gen. They are still doing fine but I have stretched the recommended interval by several thousand miles, making the JBAs look even better to a lot of people, not having to worry about a rebuild for quite a bit longer than a Uniball design.
TC, Camburg, Dirt King uniballs cost more money, making the JBAs a good choice again. Dirt King makes good stuff from the reviews and have both designs, but their BJ design cost more than JBA. SPCs are the same design as the JBAs, but more money as well. They had QC issues a few years back, Filthy Motorsports who seem to have good standards are selling them, but I can't say if they fixed the QC issues. There are quite a few offerings out there making the decision lengthy, but I think if you stick to mild offroading as you say, the JBAs will be fine.
The other issue with aftermarket is finding a competent shop to align the adjustable Ball Joint design, some guys just have never seen them and don't know lifted trucks either. Now even with the upper end UCAs, some shops won't touch them because they aren't a factory component anymore. Most the time those type of shops are the ones you don't want touching your vehicle anyway. I'm lucky to have followed a crusty old tech from one shop to another for years. He insists on doing shit right unlike a lot of the horror stories you hear about.
Ironically I watched a video today by Ben Brazda at Filthy Motorsports.
This might help, or it might make your decision ever more difficult.

Good Luck!!

P.S. To speed your research up, use this search phrase (site:toyota-4Runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/) with your question in your standard Google bar ie: JBA UCA reviews site:toyota-4Runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/

truth.

Most people don't realize the downsides of high end suspension components, which typically are higher maintenance costs at shorter intervals (replacing uniballs, bushings, and the labor costs associated with them). Sometimes, a less expensive alternative is the better option for the vast majority of buyers.

Last edited by mrblah; 10-07-2019 at 03:15 AM.
mrblah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote