Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 11:59 AM

JShipps is on a distinguished road

JShipps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdguy View Post
yes i used the strut plus for the fronts & matching excel-g shocks for the rear & kept the stock rear springs.

i did not look at the gas adjust since they dont make a complete shock/spring assembly with those shocks, & the gas adjust are much stiffer than the excel-g, probably good for off road use or vehicles with added weight like bumpers, roof racks etc, but for daily driver or light duty utility use i just wanted something a little stiffer than stock & the excel g were a perfect option for that.
Makes sense. Yeah, I was wondering why they offer the gas adjust for front and not the rear...kinda weird.

Any thoughts on rear springs and sway bar links? My 07 has all original suspension so I feel like if I'm going to replace the shocks I might as well do the springs too. I was thinking the Moog 81045 rear coils would be good but was hoping you guys had some thoughts/experience with them. I want a little bit of lift/leveling and from what you guys are saying I should get the right amount. I suppose if the Moogs add too much rear lift, I can go back and add a spacer to the front.

I've also heard that you might as well do the sway bar links while in there. I've heard something about energy suspension bushings and some other one (polythane??) I can't remember what it was called. Any experience with these?

I'll be doing all the work myself to save some $$. My rig will never go off road unless it's a fire road access to a hiking trail.