View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 09:57 AM

tacoyota is on a distinguished road

tacoyota is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by matoolie View Post
I had an issue where rear fairing would hit the roof in certain wind conditions even in the highest position. I saw the 90 bends at the ends for mounting were actually more than 90 and caused the the center of the fairing to be drawn down and closer to the roof when mounting bolts were tightened. I Placed the two end bends in a vice and made the bends 90 degrees. Now fairing is not drawn down and has plenty of clearance even without the rubber molding. I wanted to avoid using the rubber molding as I was concerned It would scratch the roof over time due to dirt working it’s way under it.
Oh that is an interesting observation. I will have to check it out and maybe bend and remount the rear faring.