Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 10:47 AM

BoomerBob will become famous soon enough BoomerBob will become famous soon enough

BoomerBob will become famous soon enough BoomerBob will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluton View Post
"Built Ford Tough" is the slogan they apply to their trucks, which do have a reputation for reliability. Their cars? Probably vary wildly.
When I was at the 'first car' age, my friends and I all got VW Bugs or similar as first and/or second cars. Looking at the Japanese cars of the day (early Toyota Corolla, Datsun[Nissan] B210 etc), I swore I'd never own a Japanese car.
Now, I only want a Japanese car(or truck)!
Same here. Used to call it Jap Crap. In truth; lots of new vehicles are just throw away cars. With the price of a Ford truck costing up to $80k; it better be build tough. Same with the other makes.

I sold a Ford F150 this summer because I couldn't justify keeping another vehicle around for occasional hauling of debris to the landfill when I had a utility trailer that could do the same thing without maintaining an engine, insurance, or registration. We have permanent tags for them in AZ.

I absolutely respect the workmanship that goes into Japanese made vehicles but didn't always. American car manufacturers could take a page from the Japanese quality control methods and standards.

There are no perfect machines of any kind but I do believe Honda and Toyota come closer than anyone else on the planet to that goal. Even they have the occasional lemon though.