Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Big Sert
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Haybale is on a distinguished road

Haybale is on a distinguished road
Big Sert

Hello, this is the first post I have made so lemme introduce myself a little bit. I’m from north Alabama and bought a 96 limited with 184k on the clock a while back. When buying it I was just gonna drive it hunting to keep my truck outta the woods. Well after driving it back and forth to work a few times i fell in love with it and now would rather drive it than my truck. I’ve not had a minutes trouble out of it until A couple weeks ago, I had got some stuff to do a tune up on it. Get all the fluids changed and start doing spark plugs. Get to the last one #6 cylinder, it’s tough coming out. When I finally get it out I see it’s been repaired by the PO with some type of cheap insert. I was at work so I had to do something to get home. I run to the local parts place and they had a insert that matched up to the one that come out. I put it in and all was good. It held for ~200 miles and on the way to work Monday morning it blew out, destroying the coil pack. So now I have a question. I’ve got 98 wrecked runner with 230k that’s supposed to run good but has been sitting for 3 years prior to me getting it. Do I try to get that one going and swap motors or do I order the big Sert repair kit and try that? I’m just a broke plumber that’s trying to get my T4r back breathing. Also would anyone happen to have a big Sert kit that I could buy or rent from? Thanks in advance.

Jeremy
Haybale is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote