Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 04:57 PM

Primo is on a distinguished road

Primo is on a distinguished road
AOB Switch wiring help

Hey everyone, so I am attempting to wire my OPT7 32in led light bar to an AOB switch using the OPT7 wiring harness which includes a relay and fused link. I searched all I could on the subject and have come up with the following which I thought should work. Mostly using:
"If I can do It You Can" Behind Grill Light Bar Install

OPT7 Blue wire to AOB Red wire
OPT7 White wire to AOB Green wire
Originally I had OPT7 Black wire to AOB Black wire
Originally I left the AOB Blue wire out of the equation

So, the light bar comes on with no key in the ignition and the switch led is always powered on. Not exactly what I am looking for.
So I cut the black wire connection and the led switch light went off and light bar works with switch with no key but no switch illumination.

So today I tapped the AOB Blue wire into the Green wire of the wiper warmer switch and the Black wire into the Grey wire of the wiper warmer switch. Switch led always on. WTF? I disconnected both and if I touch the black wire to any ground the switch led lights up. So I obviously have done something wrong. Are my OPT7 Blue and White wire connections backwards?

As you can tell, electrical is not my thing but I have wired enough stuff and thought this would be easy. Does anyone have a clue what I need to do to get this working correctly? Three wires off the relay on the OPT7 Harness, Black, White and Blue and four wires from the switch. Red, Black, Blue and Green. I would really appreciate any help that you guys could provide.

Thanks for reading,

Primo
Primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote