Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 02:51 PM

Primo is on a distinguished road

Primo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigtec View Post
Hi Primo, @Cymon !

I just read your post; just a couple of errors to fix and then you're DONE! When you left the BLUE wire from the switch out of the equation... that's where everything took a bad turn!

That's your 'Main Feed' from the power source (battery), to the OPT7 system operation relay! So there are a couple of things that I do differently when installing a dash switch e.g., AOB, Slee-off road... and the like.

I don't use the factory's recommendations for the power source (Battery), because it's HOT AT ALL TIMES; which increases the chances of leaving the lights (or accessories) turned on when walking away from the vehicle!

I'll tap into the Front Center console (Power-point) Cigarette Lighter Lt Green wire to use as the Main power source, because it turns off when the vehicle is turned off for a "Fail-safe" operation!

You can ground the BLK wire from the AOB Sw, either to the chassis (fixed GND), or the GRAY Wire on any of the dash switches that light up with your parking lights e.g., wiper heater, RSCS (Safety SRS system), or whatever's convenient!

The GRAY wire is 'ALWAYS' ground from the dimmer switch (the Green is always the HOT "Illumination" courtesy circuit), or you can just ground your switch to any available Bolt under the dash near the E-brake in the chassis;

...the choice is yours, but the on indicator/glowing switch face icon, just won't dim with the others. I didn't bother to tap the GRAY wire because of it's size, 22ga(?), and if you cut too short, or break one, the repair resolution is a B***H to get at!

I think that's it for you... just affix the power source to the appropriate AOB switch wire (Green/yel), BLK is the ground for the power on indicator, and the BLUE/YEL feeds the relay at term 86 (don't know what color wire your OPT7 harness uses to feed the relay coil), but just find that out and you're DONE!

If you have any other issues, hit me back and I'll be happy to help-out however possible! 'Best to you',

rig

Thanks a bunch rig. According to my AOB switch wiring diagram it is the green wire that is the main feed. The blue wire is only for switch illumination. The wires om my switch are red, green, black and blue. I do like the idea of tapping off the cigarette lighter but I have all working now and if I forget my 32in led light bar is on then I have other issues. At some point maybe I will switch it. Thank you for the great information. Very much appreciated,

Primo
Primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote