View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:16 PM

4Running4Adventure is on a distinguished road

4Running4Adventure is on a distinguished road
4Running4Adventure's '05 SE V8 4x4 Build

Hello everyone, first time Toyota 4Runner owner here...finally took the plunge when I found a clean 2005 SE V8 4x4 with 107k and excellent service history listed for a reasonable price a few hours away at a Toyota dealership in north Georgia. I'm upgrading from a 2005 Honda CR-V that I built a camper conversion in...it was a good little vehicle but felt I reached it's limit, so it was time to take the step to something more capable...enter the 4Runner.

I've been building a list of upgrades/mods that I want to do, eventually I plan to build a camper conversion inside the 4Runner. Some things I plan to address immediately though is the A/C drain line, interior LED lights, new stereo headunit, and seat covers. I'm leaning towards the Gobi roof rack to replace the stock roof rack, I do plan on getting a lift but still undecided on exactly which way to go though I'm thinking 5100 Bilsteins with OME coil springs, also might add some armor to the undercarriage, however I'm not sure if I'll go with any aftermarket bumpers at this time.

Some pictures of the new and old builds, I'm posting some pictures of the CR-V build to give an idea where I want to go with the interior of the 4Runner build.

New Build: 2005 Toyota 4Runner:

Old Build: 2005 Honda CR-V:

Old Build: Inside the CR-V:

6/20/20 Update: It's been awhile since I posted anything here but I have been pretty busy working on the 4Runner... In April I had a dreaded sunroof/moonroof malfunction where it jammed in the open position, unfortunately my local Toyota Dealer did nothing to close it and tried to sell me on an assembly replacement, which they quoted $1100 for a used assembly or $2100 for a new one. I found one at the local junkyard in working condition for $150 pulled, so I did the repair myself...then decided to unplug the motor and silicone seal the damn thing closed. I've also installed a new roof rack, mounted my ARB awning as well as a fishing rod carrier to the top of it. Lastly, I removed the cargo shelf and backseats in preparations for the camper conversion I will be building inside.

The Red Runner as of 6/20/20:

Last edited by 4Running4Adventure; 06-21-2020 at 12:53 AM.
4Running4Adventure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote