Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 07:38 AM

Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough

Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough Decipher is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO-Cygnus View Post
Get two sets of wheels - One with dedicated Winter tires and the other with your AT of choice.

OP, You have advice from someone who actually lives in CO. That should weigh heavily on your decision. While I (very regretfully) don’t live there, I’ve visited many times and have friends out there. They run dedicated snows on their Subaru’s. If it were me, I’d buy no less and a 3 peak mountain snowflake rated tire (3PMS). Anything that doesn’t meet that rating shouldn’t even be on your radar.

I’m running the extremely highly regarded Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I was one of the originals and I’m on a second set. These tire are simply incredible in the snow and have never failed to impress me. Like it or not, Colorado is a much different beast than lame Illinois. I think you could get by with a good AT and if that’s all your budget allows, then do it. Otherwise, get steel wheels and dedicated snows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 4Runner SR5
Decipher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote