Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 12:06 PM

nglayton is just really nice nglayton is just really nice nglayton is just really nice nglayton is just really nice

nglayton is just really nice nglayton is just really nice nglayton is just really nice nglayton is just really nice
My Experience.........no dealer involved

I replaced the front and rear brake pads. 92264 miles on the original pads.
I still had room left before any scraping so I could have easily gotten another 2-3k out of them.

It took me less than 1 hour per wheel, really quick and easy. It was more like 40 minutes per side on the front, 1/2 hour per side for the rear. Three hours tops to do all four.

Parts used for my 2011 TE:
04465-60320 Front Brake pad set $42.12
04466-60140 Rear Brake pad set $44.85

A new set of 4 OEM rotors is about $250
Having the rotors resurfaced at a machine shop is 1/2 that. Even cheaper if the have the machine in house.

There was no need to buy rotors, shim kits, new springs or anything but the pads.
I always just re-use all the old gear, you can easily tell if one is damaged. Only change to that would be if the rotors were scraped/warped beyond repair or you lost a pin, shim or spring. In my case all the rotors and misc parts where good, so I left them alone.
My total cost <$87 and 3 hrs time on the weekend.

OP: Cost of parts listed above + 3 hours (inflated) of shop time @$140/hr, should put you around $750 for the job. I bet most shops can do it in 2 hours

Not sure how they got it to $1K..........

Last edited by nglayton; 10-12-2019 at 12:11 PM.
nglayton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote