Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 05:55 AM

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough
Thank you for the kind words! I had another hell of a weekend.

I re built both axles that I pulled from junkyard. that was a chore because I started with 5mm of polished axle, ended up being too much and 3mm was the ticket for me

Something to think about....because 1996-2000 have different "axles" than 2001-2002, I wonder if that would be a reason why some people can get 5mm versus 3mm er 4?

I should have taken more pics but my wife was visiting me so I had to work fast even though this took me alllll weekend.

Something else I found that was different between 1996-2000 and 2001-2002, the automatic adjustment lever is different. Long story how I figured that out....

I have the oil soaked brakes in there at the moment. To see if the seal breaks within a week. If it passes, I already have a brand new set of OEM pads, drums, and cylinders here at the apartment.

And if anyone hasn't gotten one already a motive brake bleeder is nice for having to bleed the brakes after you bolt everything together. I forgot the park number which is the adapter you need for the master cylinder. It looks a little ghetto but it involves J-hooks and a small chain lol

Pump it up about 3psi and that will be enough. Don't put the hydrualic fluid in the bleeder just top of resivoir with fluid then pump up and and crack bleeders.

I already have the motive brake bleeder for my race car Miata and it makes bleeding stupid easy

Then 2.6 quarts of 75w-90 later, and 1 extended rear diff breather mod and she is back on the ground ready to roll.

This is the right rear brake assembly. The automatic adjustment mechanism is behind the pad I should have taken a better picture of it. Because of the relocation on the adjustment mechanism, the little dial thingy with a spur looking gear on it is different as well. What is it called again? Lol

The little head that attaches to the front pad is different. It doesn't have the pin for the self adjusting mechanism to hook on to. (I'm referring to the part below may not work for a 96-00 setup

Not sure how someone could get tangled into that kind of part swapping but I still wouldn't be surprised lol

This is the left rear brake assembly. Notice the automatic self adjusting mechanism. This should be the same setup for 1996-2000

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by STI_MECE; 10-14-2019 at 06:30 AM.
STI_MECE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote