Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 02:22 PM

doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about

doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about doofenshmirtz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by doofenshmirtz View Post
Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out. I've also sent an email to Magnaflow support to see if they can provide more details about their specific direct fit y-pipe: CPI of the cats, tube diameter, wall thickness, stainless grade, mandrel bent or not, any crushing of tubes, etc.

I doubt I'll get all that info, but maybe I can get some of it...
Got a FULL response to all my questions from Magnaflow. Amazed that I got anything back, much less a line by line set of answers.

FROM MAGNAFLOW REP:

Please refer to the following information;

Cell Count? - Magnaflow converters are all 400 cpsi.

Are there any flanges or tubing that are not stainless? I assume all the stainless is 409. - All parts we offer use 409ss pipe and flanges.

Is the tube diameter 2.25", and what is the wall thickness? 2.25" - 409ss is a 16ga or 0.060 - 0.065 thick

Are these mandrel bent, or is there any crushing or deformation to the tube? All MF pipe is mandrel bent.

Part 49697 appears as though it may have a welded seam or a slip fit after the catalytic converter, can you provide any details on what that is or isn't? #49697 and #49698 have flange connections, no slip fit connections are used.
doofenshmirtz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote