Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 05:58 PM

Chris In Milwaukee will become famous soon enough Chris In Milwaukee will become famous soon enough

Chris In Milwaukee will become famous soon enough Chris In Milwaukee will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1975 View Post
Can we at least pretend that someone is smart enough to understand who to go to, to resolve an issue?

The board (T4R) has banned one of the external facing IPs for the base. (Each base has several points of presence) so at the moment I'm able to get onto the board to stare blankly in your general direction at your questioning of my ability to assign responsibility. (at least you weren't abusive in your posting)

That said - since I do work in a communications hub, I do understand that circumventing security controls would likely result in my termination (which would solve my issue of accessing an automotive forum while in between tasks at work) but that seems like a nuclear option.

Additionally bringing a cell phone into a secure space would also trigger a security incident and utlimately my removal from my livelyhood. Again, a nuclear option to a mosquito problem.
The original question is vague at best, hence my reply. You didn't really give me a clear picture of what's being banned. And I still don't know where you're being banned and by whom. I try not to be abusive, ever. Just seeking clarity.

I've been an IT guy for 30 years, so just trying to seek a solution. If I read it correctly, you're attempting to access this site from a location that is being blocked by this site? Or is it the other way around - your location is blocking this site from being accessed? Either way, I don't have any influence. Just trying to offer guidance if I can.

But if you're already ahead of me, carry on smartly.
Victory 4x4 Blitz Bumper w/Zeak 12000

Last edited by Chris In Milwaukee; 10-18-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Chris In Milwaukee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote