View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 01:19 PM

DK327 is on a distinguished road

DK327 is on a distinguished road
e-locker engages when vehicle's lifted in the shop but not when it's on the ground

This is a bit puzzling to me, last year in the snow i tried to engage the e-locker and it never did, so I thought it might have seized due to lack of usage by the previous owner. So I took my 4runner to a shop that specifically works on Toyota and Lexus and had them dismount & balance my summer tires and balance & mount the winter tires on. BTW, balancing the tires on a hunter machine using the hawkeye tool makes a HUGE difference, this is the 1st time since I've had the vehicle that it rode so smooth on OEM 5-spoke wheels.

Anyway, I had them test the e-locker and to my surprise they said it engaged no problem, multiple times, when they had lifted the vehicle to work on it, but it failed to engage when I went to pick it up. The mechanic that worked on the vehicle tired for 15 minutes in the parking lot and it never engaged. Weirder still, when we go from 4-low back to 4-high (4WD) the rear diff light turns solid and ABS light comes on as if the e-locker engaged, but the green indicator on dash with 4 wheels and the orange light in the center of them, it keeps blinking and doesn't stay solid.

I don't know why the elocker would engage when the vehicle is in the air but not on the ground, what would cause this? All the fluids are new, and I regularly exercise the AWD/4WD modes monthly to keep he gears lubricated...

Thanks in advance!