Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 02:55 PM

rwelch53 is on a distinguished road

rwelch53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81runner View Post
the only two types of OEM steps I am aware of for 03-09 4runners are the sport edition steps which are tubes, and the flat running boards. They both bolt to the body. I am not aware of, nor have I ever seen anything on the forum pertaining to an OEM step bolting to the frame. Are you sure they were stock steps? Not something that was purchased aftermarket and later sold? Not trying to be condescending, just seems odd is all.
I hear you, and appreciate it. I've searched on all the forums and places online I can think of also and can't find anything either. I was at the dealer last week and the parts guy was able to find the steps on one software program he had, but no related part number or full diagram...the pic he had on screen was exactly what I have though. He said they may have been an option on 03-04, or ones that only came with a specific configuration i.e. V8, 4wd Limited only or something like that. The fact that are a gray color leads me to believe that they would have come on an early 4th gen model that had the gray colored cladding.

I noticed in digging around on the parts.toyota.com site that there is a different part number for the frame sub-assembly from V6 and V8, and I know there were other slight revisions from 04 to 05 model years, so I am assuming this is what I am running into.
rwelch53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote