Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 06:53 PM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by A70BoosTFienD View Post
Im having the same issues as you OP. Mine however when it does have a low pedal i hear this fluid squish sound which concerns me... I bled them but no bubbles were found which concerns me further.

Is rebuilding the unit easy enough to do on a bench with standard tools or does it require some extra steps?
The complete master cylinder assembly is quite complicated and very expensive because of the ABS system, the electric motor/pump/accumulator brake booster portion, etc. and of course the actual master cylinder portion.

The actual master cylinder portion is not too different from old school master cylinders and can be rebuilt...BUT the portions mentioned above aren't that easy to rebuild if at all...and if the actual master cylinder portion isn't showing signs of leaking where the push rod from the brake pedal enters into it, it shouldn't need to be rebuilt.

That all being said Toyota does sell a kit for the actual master cylinder portion and there is a section in the Toyota shop manual on doing the rebuild.

I can't give you a part number for the kit or a link to the shop manual section for doing the rebuild but both have been posted at least once if not more on this forum.

Last edited by AuSeeker; 10-20-2019 at 06:55 PM.
AuSeeker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote