View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 11:03 PM

scribb will become famous soon enough

scribb will become famous soon enough
Had a few set backs to sort out. Some that kind of freaked me out, but now it seems to be settling in.

First, I was throwing a bunch of 0300 codes. In fact, the entire right bank of cylinders was throwing codes. 0301. 0303. 0305. 0307. It's actually kind of helpful that it was a whole side, because it suggested a central cause. Possibilities include fuel delivery problem, wiring problem, camshaft sensor problem, crankshaft sensor problem...

I started by pulling the coils and plugs, and sure enough the right side plugs were fouled. I switched the coils to the other side, just to rule out a bizarre coincidence that several were bad on one side. Then I checked the wiring, and lo and behold discovered a bad wire on the crankshaft sensor. Fixed the wire, and bingo, the codes all the engine codes disappeared. In theory, that means I'm now smogable. We'll see.

I'm still throwing a bunch of transmission codes that I need to sort out.. Half the pressure solenoids seem to be malfunctioning. So that could be another wiring issue (unplugging and plugging connectors is not good for the life of the wiring), or it could be a transmission fluid issue. Maddeningly, I can't find a single authoritative listing for the complete capacity of the transmission. The FSM gives amounts used for different types of service, but not for a complete rebuild and refill. I've got about 8 in it, and when it's warm, it should be full when ATF comes out of the overflow plug, which it is. So I'm leaning toward a wiring issue.

If anyone knows the actual amount of ATF capacity for a 2005 transmission, please let me know.
scribb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote