Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 09:33 PM

cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold

cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold cb1111 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickle11 View Post
Carvana was a lowball (4-5K less than dealer/Carmax) with Carmax and dealership offering about the same taking the accident into consideration. And then those were anywhere from $1500 to $4000 less than comparable 4Rs across the country.

I might have been able to get a bit more but I think I would have to take them to court, but I'm happy with $2K...ordered predator steps and TRD black matt wheels today for it.
It depends on if you're planning on selling it anytime soon.

When my Acura got whacked ($12k damage), I decided that I was going to sell it, so the dimval had to match what I was going to lose. I went to a certified appraisal who determined before and after values. The pre-accident value was $27k and the post accident value at $23.5k. The dealer had offered me $22.5 and CARMAX $17k.

MD law requires that the insurance company pay at least the difference in value as appraised plus the cost of the appraisal ($250). I negotiated a few bucks more, talked the dealer up by a bit and came out mostly even.

The dealer sold the car about a week later for $28k and now, 5 years later, it still has a clean CARFAX.