View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 01:41 AM

pahaf91 is on a distinguished road

pahaf91 is on a distinguished road
Anyone swap in a 5th gen 4.0 into the 4th gen 4Runner?

hey guys. Love this forum. I have a 2006 4Runner v6 4.0 with 202k on it. i dumped about 2k into this car on top of what i bought it for and i love it so far. I bought bilstien 5100. OME springs. Took care of all the maintenance. Got 5th gen trail rims on. Falken Wildpeaks AT3 285-70-R17.

I love this car, wife loves it, 2 of our dogs love it. And i really dont want to get rid of it.

Anyway, history of this car. 1st owner blew the head gasket at 140k, put some "stop leak" in it and drove it for another 10k. Then he changed the head gasket. At 170k the head gasket blew again so he sold it and new owner put a new engine in and drove it for 10k before the head gasket blew again. Changed it, 10k later, Blew head gasket again. i bought it at 190k, had a mechanic put in new head gaskets, resurface the heads, new water pump. i drove it for 10k.......blew a head gasket.

I really dont want to get rid of this 4runner. I love it. My mechanic is going to replace the head gasket for free this time but im afraid it will blow again.

Im thinking to swap in a 5th gen 4.0 next time. i can get one for about $2000 with 96k. Just curious if it will be a an easy swap. I can swap over all the accessories and the intake manifold and the injectors. wondering if there is something that needs to be modified.
pahaf91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote