View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 08:34 PM

Nicknasty is on a distinguished road

Nicknasty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by js1984 View Post
Hi! Wow, so much here. New member saying hello, happy owner of a 3rd-gen 4WD.

I'm so used to this truck that when I step into some newer vehicle, I see first off the sort of wash of screens, HUD displays, blinking lights, automatic this and that.
And I think – how do they expect this stuff to last?

Give me a couple analog dials. We're good. The most advanced thing on my truck is the automatic windows. In terms of distance it's been to the moon. No screens. Like the Apollo mission, but on the ground. Which I guess is unlike the Apollo mission, haha.

I mean, no shade – I get it, screens are great, we use them all the time every day for everything else – and you can't not get them now with a newish car. But sometimes I step into my truck and I'm like, ahhhhhh.....

Like a record player. It just is what it is.

J
Couldn't agree more. Just picked up a 2000 sr5 with original sterio and tape deck haha. Very refreshing
Nicknasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote