View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 11:03 PM
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by STI_MECE View Post
Yikes yeah that looks a bit rough! I'm glad I am not alone in the world of fixing the mistakes of others.

I put that oil cap gasket on along with a TPS. Gunna finish rebuilding the driver drum brake before I can test drive. I hurt my shoulder working on runner so I gotta take it slow. And I'm only 26. But got the knees and shoulders of a 90 year old lol

I gotta question, where does the phrase Mr good wrench come from? You know oddly enough my coworker said to me "hey Mr good wrench how is the 4runner coming" this morning. I've never heard that before and I was perplexed by that funny coincidence lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Ah 26. Completely understandable as not hearing that term.

The Goodwrench brand was born as Mr. Goodwrench in 1974, as part of an initiative to promote vehicle service and maintenance performed by franchised GM dealerships. In the late 1990s, GM dropped the formal title from the name, simply referring to the service organization as Goodwrench Service Plus.Nov 9, 2010

As you probably figured out I am not 76. I am one of the bicentennial baby's born in 1976. 43 years young. Wrenching on Toyotas since I was about 15 years old.

Some Histoy of the Toyota trucks 80s and 90s

The Electric Fuel Injection didn't come out in Toyota trucks till 1985 made famous by back to the Future movie.

Those trucks had solid axle front ends { differentials like your rear end} only had 4 cylinder engines 2.2 liter [ no V6 until 1990]

Most 80s Toyota trucks were carburetorated yet. EFI was a big jump.

Also all Toyota trucks were manuals until 1987. The first automatic transmission arrived and they also went to the half shafts front ends on the 4wd as well. This was very similar to our 3 gens front ends. Just slighty different design.

All 4wd in the 80s and early 90s were J style transfer cases and lockout front hubs. Were you could spin the inner hub to have your front hubs freewheel.

No ABS was common at all during the 80s. No air bags until I believe 1992.

They did have the turbo chargers in the mid 80s and after the EFI became common by 1990

The 80s trucks also had the option on wing windows. They had a standard cab and extra cab only.

In the southern states. I am sure they are some 70 and 80s Toyotas still around. In the rust belt states. Very few survived.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
Sparks Plugs Wire and Coil Information: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-g...on-5vz-fe.html
brillo_76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote