Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 03:46 PM

AK Mule is on a distinguished road

AK Mule is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garwel View Post
FYI and FWIW I went to the BFG website and hit the chat with us icon and had the following conversation:

Porter T (10/24/2019, 2:53:15 PM): Hello, I'm Porter How Can I help you?
(10/24/2019, 2:54:04 PM): for All-Terrain T/A® KO2 your site says a pressure increase to 44psi but my 4runner manual says 32, which do i use ?
Porter T (10/24/2019, 2:55:38 PM): Use the 44 PSI. Since the KO2 is a bigger tire, it will require more air. the vehicle most likely came with a P metric, smaller tire thus the lower PSI. But since you changed to LT, thus you raise the PSI.
(10/24/2019, 2:55:52 PM): ok ty
The "P" to "LT" is correct, and a bigger tire will hold more air. More air (volume) is not more pressure, though. Actually, a bigger tire can have a larger load rating at the same pressure. It has more air (volume) to hold up the weight, and doesn't always need more pressure, if they are both "P" or both "LT". In this case, switching from "P" to "LT" is the reason for the pressure increase.

If you went from one size "LT" tire to a larger "LT" tire, you could decrease the pressure and have the same load rating because you have more volume. Volume is constrained by the size of the tire, pressure is not. Volume holds up the truck, not just pressure.

Last edited by AK Mule; 10-24-2019 at 03:50 PM.
AK Mule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote