Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 11:14 PM

AutomatiX is on a distinguished road

AutomatiX is on a distinguished road
I am at a complete and total loss... of acceleration

Well I'm well over 2 grand in the hole now.

Been having ongoing issues with the 2000 LTd 4wd v6 I have where acceleration will intermittently cut out and idles very rough as well.

I bought this car to take across the country with my two dogs from our place in Atlanta which I'm supposed to leave tomorrow to our new home in WA state.

The acceleration issue was and I still is a must fix issue as I don't want to be turning left on a green (or some other scenario) and the acceleration cuts out right in time for me to get plowed into by a 16 wheeler.

I have changed/replaced;

TPS (Throttle Position sensor)
IAC (Idle Air Control)
MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor)
Gaskets and valve covers
Air Filter
Spark plugs
Ignition Coils
Spark Plug cords
Timing Belt (did water pump too just because)
Fuel Pump and fuel level (which did fix the guage)
Both O2 Sensors

and most recently and expensively the catalytic converter.

I thought that fixed it and I was good to go but low and behold it reared it's ugly head while driving tonight.

This is becoming very expensive, I think I might have bought a ruin, but I was thrown off by a good auto check and low miles.

At this point the only thing I can think of is a Tranny problem or Vacuum Leak. Ive been scouring the forums since getting this vehicle and i've run out of leads on to what may be causing this... Oh and that's not the only issue either... I get wicked vibration between 50 and 65 mph, but the acceleration issue takes precedence since it could literally become a life and death scenario.

Any ideas other than a dark corner and a .45?
AutomatiX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote