View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 11:58 AM

TejasRunner01 will become famous soon enough TejasRunner01 will become famous soon enough

TejasRunner01 will become famous soon enough TejasRunner01 will become famous soon enough
Hey everyone, just giving you an update. This started because both rear wheel cylinders were leaking, causing contamination on the shoes which caused sticking. This happened specifically during cold weather. I do have about 1 mm of gear oil that has made its way through the rear inner axle seal on both sides, but it has not made it through the bearing. Would be interesting if this was initially caused by the synthetic diff oil I used or pressure build up in the diff before I did the extended vent mod..

Because my bearings feel very tight with zero play, and nothing is leaking in the drums I am putting off this bearing repair until I find oil in the drums. Could be next week.. could be months or years. Following the old saying, "don't fix it if it isn't broken. And if it isn't broken completely, well let's just fix what we need." (I may or may not of added that last part)

For now I put OEM Toyota shoes on, got my drums resurfaced and refilled diff with non-synthetic oil. My brakes are so smooth and have worked flawlessly in the cold so far. I'll bring you an update in the future to see how I'm doing. Thank you EVERYONE and I hope the info generated here helps other people make their decisions!

Mileage stamp: 186,421

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Last edited by TejasRunner01; 10-27-2019 at 12:01 PM.
TejasRunner01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote