Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 04:26 PM

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about
As mentioned, I made a few modifications to the design, primarily due to the OEM microphone pocket dimensions. It actually would've worked the way it was and it technically fit, but it was not close enough to my liking. I also didn't realize I could remove the microphone plate from the outside of the console, so this allowed me to do a more precise job on the dimensions.

I made 1 leg slightly less wide than then other so as not to interfere with the catch on the panel. Another enhancement I made is that the mic can now be inserted from the top. The last one was designed to accept the mic from the wire side first - this essentially meant that you had to pass the connector and wire through the bottom of adapter before fully seating the mic. Kenwood put a taper on this mic that makes design a bit of a challenge! For this latest version, the mic can be inserted from the top of the adapter and it engages the bottom 3 grooves of the mic. The top 3 grooves of the mic also have holes for sound, so it may be better not to interface with these anyway, even though I did have a cutout for them.

The Thingiverse link I posted above has been updated with the latest design. A few images:
Attached Images
Custom hidden mic bracket for aftermarket head unit-1-jpg  Custom hidden mic bracket for aftermarket head unit-2-jpg  Custom hidden mic bracket for aftermarket head unit-3-jpg  Custom hidden mic bracket for aftermarket head unit-4-jpg 
KP Texan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote