Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 09:01 AM

GO3KIDS is on a distinguished road

GO3KIDS is on a distinguished road
Yes, in fact I went through a divorce a few years back and the wife got the minivan and I got the prius. The prius served it's time but as I needed a third-row vehicle for the kids friends. I thought about going back to Mini-van land as I've owned a couple Ford Windstars, and the Sienna. I realized for a few less MPG I could get an SUV and go places that I could have never gone before. The 4 Runner with the 3rd row was the answer. I've owned it for almost 2 years now and I don't regret it besides at the gas pump compared to a prius.

The third row is split 2 seats, so you can one seat down for gear and a kid in the other. I used this feature quite a bit. Most of the time the 3rd row is folded down with a rubber protector that will roll up with the 3rd row comes out.

There is almost no room with the 3rd row is up, jackets and soft gear can squeeze in there, I got a net to keep it in when the hatch opens. So I started looking for other storage. I went with the Gobi Stealth Roof rack, which gives be tons of storage while having all 3 rows up. I have a RTT on top now for camping trips, but I've got a storage box I can put up, bikes, skis/snowboards. Then sometimes I'll rent a trailer for some trips and put all the gear in the trailer.

All in all it's a great daily driver to haul the kids to school, and weekend warrior family adventures. Feel free to reach out and I'll share some pics of the setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yella View Post
Had a 3rd gen, sold it to buy a minivan ( got divorced ), getting tired of the van. Its a Caravan, dont judge, that I have owned for 6 months and already getting tired of the repairs. I do as much of my own work as I can, and this thing spends more time apart than it does together.

So. i’m looking at an early model 5th gen to replace it. Kids are 11,7,2. So only one in a carseat.

Does anyone drive around with 3 kids with success? I understand cargo space is lost with the 3rd row being used; are you able to put just one seat up at a time in the 3rd row?

For trips, i would just get a hitch carrier or roof box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GO3KIDS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote