Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 04:37 PM

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about
ALRIGHTY. its been long enough and i got sick of seeing the hub and my steering wheel collect dust so i finally installed this weekend. the only snag being i have no idea how to wire the horn and im hoping someone can help me.

i started by getting off the stock wheel (two t30 bolts on the side of the steering wheel to release the airbag and horn assembly). and you are greeted with a clock spring with a female connector plug sticking out at 12 o'clock. i knew this was going to be a problem because i could tell it was going to interfere with the backside hub which is smooth:

so, the 'personal' hub i mentioned that i bought in post 3 was acutally a momo hub. i have no idea how the ebay seller missed this. but i think he was too lazy to take off his momo to nard pattern adapter to figure out what he had as its abundantly clear this is a momo hub and not a personal hub. oh well

here is the part number. it fits spline wise, but there is absolutely zero chance of this working with the stock clock spring (more on that later).

this plug is what plugs into the underside of the clock spring, which in turn is wired to the 12 o clock plug that is creating all of this headache for me.

here is the wheel installed, sans horn

i am hoping someone can help me below so i can install this beautiful horn:

alright, here is the deal. the ground wire you see on the steering wheel hub is directly soldered to this metal ring on the backside of the steering wheel hub. there is absolutely zero chance i can make it work on in the current setup. i am wondering if others have any ideas, as im all ears.

i was able to find this video which is incredibly helpful, im going to try and take apart my clock spring and see if i can butcher something together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862izi6XChI

i tried looking for wiring diagrams yesterday, but all of the links were dead. can someone please confirm the white/black wire on the plug is the horn ground?

Last edited by mesooohoppy; 10-28-2019 at 04:39 PM.
mesooohoppy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote