View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 06:11 PM

SuperfastMatt will become famous soon enough

SuperfastMatt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pDubs View Post
Okay I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on doing this after your inspiration.

I need to find a local spot to find 1/4” aluminum in 2”x 8’. Metal Depot is 69 for the aluminum, 109 to ship it.

Home Depot had 1/8 strips in 2”x 8’. No 1/4”

Looks like hardware wise it’s gonna be 60 shipped for everything from McMaster-Carr, including the 1/4 3”x3” angle aluminum for the legs.

The cross bars are going to be $252 shipped.

One thing never brought up was what you made to wind deflector from and what hardware you used in the slots to mount the wind deflector. Thanks again!
If you have a metal supply store in town it might be cheapest. We have IMS in Los Angeles that is great for this sort of stuff.

I made the wind deflector out of aluminum that was 6" wide and I think something like 1/16" thick. It was like $20 I think

Consider getting 3003 aluminum. It is cheaper and has great corrosion resistance. It is about half the strength of 6061 but at 1/4"x2" you're not going to have a problem. I'd stick with higher strength on the feet though.
SuperfastMatt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote