View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 02:45 PM

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloC View Post
Bought my daughter a ‘15 model trail and have blacked out logos, wrapped the roof rack in matte and plan to add matte black sema wheels and a beefier tire.
I had a local garage install Bilstein 5100s on front (.75) and rear w/o rear spacers stock springs. I drove it over the weekend and the front shocks were making a popping noise when riding over bumps or train tracks. I took it back and the mechanic said the shock threads bottomed out on top of the spring. He said he had to add a spacer he found lying around in his garage to put on top of shock.
Is it me or is there something missing here? I want to take it to another shop and have them check the work but wanted some informed opinions from here too. That is why I joined this site. There seem to be a bunch of enthusiasts who probably know more about Toyotas than your typical small town mechanic.
Yes, you are at least missing the isolation bushing and washer under the nut. Should look like this.
Attached Images
Bilstein 5100 Series - 5th Gen-edaba4a9-jpg 
KP Texan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote