Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 12:34 PM

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about
Just thought I'd post an update.

Decided that I did not like the Krylon Fusion Matte Black spray paint on the dash kit since it was too shiny, so I sanded and then repainted with Rustoleum American Accents Flat Black, which was perfect!

I've been working on my custom microphone mount which will allow me to put the Kenwood mic in place of the stock one. It's printed now so I've just got to go and pick it up. More design details here: Custom hidden mic bracket for aftermarket head unit

Finally got my amplifier installed under driver's seat, and subwoofer installed under passenger seat. I know I said I wasn't going to put the sub in initially, but I figured I might as well while I was in there doing the work. Ended up going with the Kenwood KSC-SW11, and it's fits perfectly under the seat! I used 1/4" plywood covered in black canvas as mounting boards and then used 3m industrial velcro to keep them in place. Seems quite solid, and they aren't going anywhere.

Also one word of advice to anyone running cables into and through the center console. Just remove the entire console to make life much easier. It's only 4 small bolts once you have your trim removed anyway, and you can just stand it up on its back between the seats. Lot's of sharp objects in there and the moving parking brake cable to steer clear of!

Now on to the headunit, speakers, and sound deadening!

Photos (yes I know the carpet has some debris, but you should've seen it right when I pulled the seats!):
Attached Images
My Basic Stereo Build - 2012 Limited-img_2189-jpg  My Basic Stereo Build - 2012 Limited-img_2190-jpg  My Basic Stereo Build - 2012 Limited-img_2224-jpg  My Basic Stereo Build - 2012 Limited-img_2225-jpg  My Basic Stereo Build - 2012 Limited-img_2226-jpg  My Basic Stereo Build - 2012 Limited-img_2227-jpg  My Basic Stereo Build - 2012 Limited-5-1-2-jpg 
KP Texan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote