Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Canoe Carrying
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 12:51 AM

Jimmyasheville is on a distinguished road

Jimmyasheville is on a distinguished road
Yakima now makes a clip that will allow you to run a bar (round or Jetstream aero) on the front if your 4 Runner 5th generation. If you get two Baseline Towers and a set of base clips number 175, you can mount a bar 10 inches behind the top of your windshield. It’s the sort of rack that clips over the top of the front doors, and it works way better than the old styles of those. I was carrying a 20 foot kayak nearly every day and this system worked well. Have a set if two Yakima Timberline mounts for the other bar, at the rear of the fixed rack. My space between bars was about 7 feet as I recall. Way better than a trailer hitch support etc. depends on how often you transport your canoe and how far. I did a couple of 1000 mile freeway trips like this with no issues.
Jimmyasheville is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote